Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Refreshed and provided for

I took my first solo mini vacation yesterday and drove up to camp to visit Jenny for a couple days. And I just have to say, I think that little trip is going to get me through at least the rest of the week, if not more. It was truthfully probably the best part of my summer so far, and I really needed that trip.
It was SO amazing to get to ride, and ride Holly at that, who is my favorite horse up there at camp. Jenny and I got to take her and another horse out alone on the trails, which was super fun, and were remembering the old times, when it was us and Bud and K-Rue. I've realized how much I actually need horses to live basically. I don't know, there's just something about being around horses, riding and taking care of them, that I can't get away from, and can't ever get enough of. I like it.
I just loved the atmosphere and the focus on God-- there's so much concern and care for the campers, and it's amazing how much of an impact camp has on the kids. The staff works so hard to make everything fun, and I saw in the two days I was there that the camper's lives were being changed.
It was fun to hang out with people too-- I met a bunch of new people over the course of just a day. Needless to say, I really didn't want to go home at all. I know I could have been up there for the whole summer, but I still think I made the right decision in being here for the summer for some reason, and I'm just glad I can go up to camp whenever I want to. I think my friend Mary and I are going to try to go up again as soon as our schedules align.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment