One of my best friends, Katy, drove over to Grand Rapids from the other side of the state to visit me today. We both totally stressed out about making plans for the day, but everything pretty much ended up working out for the most part.
First we went to the public museum downtown, which was cool, but I've been there my share of times, and I pretty much know everything in the museum. It's free for Grand Rapids residents on Mondays, though, and apparently going to school there counts as being a resident, so I didn't even have to pay! Woop!
After the museum, we were starving and headed over to this pizza place that I had a free pizza coupon for. The parking lot was packed, but the door was locked, and a guy came and informed us that "we don't open until 3 on Mondays now." Ummmm.... okay. You're a pizza place not open for lunch? Whatever. So much for my free pizza. The coupon expired today.
Instead, we went to the ice rink and skated for awhile, and it was really nice to get some exercise in the middle of the day. We were like the only people in the rink except for one other guy. There was this one girl there, I think she was a figure skater, and she walked around stomping like she was really mad, but I'm not sure she was. Katy and I laughed.
After Pizza Hut, we saw the movie UP in 3D at the theater. Great movie. I think the best part though, was this little clip of a story about some clouds before the movie-- those little stories before movies are always the best. I love the one on Ice Age too.
Then Katy left, because I had to bring my Dad home from work. We had a fun day, though, overall. It was nice to jsut chill for the whole day, and really nice to see Katy. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment