Thursday, June 4, 2009

GR. sort of.

I'm sitting in my dad's office in Grand Rapids. Waiting for 1:00 to roll around so I can leave to pick up Jenny at camp up north. It's only 8:51 at the moment. This could prove to be a longggggg morning. Oh well. It's kind of hilarious sitting here listening to people in the office. Sometimes it reminds me of The Office. There's this big copy and supply room and it's amazing. Someone told me I can sit in the extra cubicle. Yes, maybe I will sit in the extra cubicle and write my blog. That would be strange.
I'm freaking out a little bit, because I know my cat is at home giving birth at the moment. My mom called and said she was having them in a box on the deck. She's a first timer, so I'm a little worried. I like being there when they have them.

Last night was pretty fun though. Lea came over and we went to BOB EVAN'S for dinner! It was amazing. We both got strawberry stuffed french toast and hash browns or whatever they are. This old lady working there walked past and goes "Is that on your diet?!" We weren't sure whether it was a compliment or an insult... so we're pretending it was a compliment. Lea and I were coloring with crayons on the backs of our placemats, and our waiter Jon, who I'm pretty sure went to my high school, pretty much thought we were freaks. Right before we left, Lea wrote "I love Jon" on the placemat and outlined it with quarters from the tip. Awesome.
Then Brian came over, too, and the three of us had a fire. Lea and I pretty much started it ourselves... with some suggestions from Brian. haha. Then we went and climbed up into the loft of the shed next door at the rental house, just like old times when Jenny and Dani and I used to hang our feet out the little door up there and watch for the neighbor boys.
THEN we wandered around in the woods for awhile while it was getting dark, and Brian said he either saw a deer or a coyote run away when he came back up by the barn. I'm not sure. I'm thinking it was a deer.
After that we got out some s'mores stuff and found some branches to roast marshmallows on, and we sat on a blanket by the fire. I just have to say, it is so much better to sit on a blanket by the fire than to sit on a chair. But Lea and I were having a few issues because I kept putting paper in the fire and it was blowing out at her while on fire. She actually had to stop, drop and roll.
Then we got out my guitar for a bit and took turns playing it. Great times, great times. I'm glad we did that instead of going bowling.


This is where I'm wishing I was. Next summer =)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment