Monday, June 8, 2009

Sadly...

I just realized, as I sat here adding Hillsong United music to my playlist online, that tonight would have been the night I would have been going to their concert if it hadn't been cancelled. Such a shame, I really wanted to go. Someday...

I finished my third book for the summer this morning-- The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult. It was basically about this teenage girl who was "raped" by her ex-boyfriend one night while she was drunk and trying to win him back. I don't want to give the book away to anyone who hasn't read it, but a bunch of terrible things end up happening, and the girl and her whole family end up learning a lot about themselves and how much they need each other.

I bought the final Jane Austen book that I needed to finish out my collection, so I'm going to read that next, and then maybe attempt to tackle Jane Eyre, but that's pretty thick and I'm not sure if I can handle reading it over the summer. If I don't finish it within like a week, I would probably just get frustrated and give up. I'm thinking I won't be reading so much when I start working next week.

I played my violin at church yesterday. It was really different playing by myself than with Jenny, because it was totally up to me what I did. I kind of liked it. I love playing at church, especially since it's about the extent of my violin-playing these days, which is sort of a shame, but that's how it goes I guess.
I'm so bored, I should probably do something for awhile. If only my school friends were here... we could get breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment