Thursday, May 28, 2009

Today.

I'm kind of exhausted today. I stayed out pretty late with some friends last night which was probably a mistake especially after giving blood because that wears me out anyway, but I didn't have anything else to do so it was all good.

When I woke up this morning and walked out of my bedroom, I realized that absolutely no one else was home, and they wouldn't be until later. It was sort of depressing to discover that I was all alone all day, especially when I figured out that I didn't have a car home either. So I cleaned for a good while, watched some TV of course, facebooked a few times, played some guitar.... and probably talked to the dog a good deal since she followed me around all day.

Finally my mom came home from work and Matt and Dani got home from school, but they were all just worn out and busy with other things, so I gave up on caring about the cold weather outside, put on some warmer pants and a jacket, and headed out to the barn to visit my kittens. They're not so nice, since they first saw people only a few days ago after coming home from their original birthplace underneath the neighbor's house. I fed them and let them eat for a few minutes, then decided that the barn was a complete mess so I took a broom to it. I was sweeping the floor and sweeping cobwebs off the walls and out of K-Rue's old stall when I realized it's been 2 whole months since the horses have been gone. How have I made it 2 months without my pony? I'm not sure. But I cried because all I wanted was for him to be standing there in the aisle where I always groomed him.

So, right now I'm hoping and praying that our family vacation this summer will take us through Tennessee for a couple days, because I could really use that. I still can't believe the horses are actually gone, and though I know there's no better place for them to be, even right now I don't think I'll ever get over missing them.

Photobucket

Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete. James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment