A little bit ago I had to do one of the hardest things-- I had to put down one of my cats. It was such deja vu to be in that room at the vet's again, and relive everything that has already happened to me once before. But it was worse to sit and watch her suffer and struggle to breathe than to know that she's now in peace. And I'm not really sure what I believe on the issue, but as the vet tech said, "I wasn't brought up this way, but I believe that they'll be waiting for you."
It got me thinking about how important and meaningful animals are to me. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason I've cried this summer is over my animals and the void that I feel when they're gone. I honestly can't imagine what it would be like on earth if there were no animals, and I'm so thankful to God for them, and the ability that I have to love them, take care of them, and keep learning more about them. Animals are so honesty and real-- take horses, for example, when they spook at a leaf because they're really scared that something is going to jump out and chase them.
Animals aren't ashamed of anything like us. The way they are feeling is always so obvious. They love so unconditionally, but their trust of you is so easily broken. I think, sometimes there is a lot we need to learn from them, and even if not everyone feels this way about animals, I feel so blessed to have a such a love for them, and I know I won't ever be able to give that up.
Here's to Macy today.
You give and take away.
Blessed be your name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment